What an exciting time in this economy! After years of so-so activity we have seen a HUGE pickup in business and hiring. In the latest monthly report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the unemployment rate for September 2018 fell to 3.7%, a near 50 year low! We have seen so much demand for our services that we will have doubled our number of employees by the end of this year.
It’s not just across the areas we specialize in; construction and manufacturing. Because we are part of a national franchise system, we are seeing the increase in hiring across all industries. So what does this mean for you? It means now is a great time to ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I happy with my career today and where it is headed in the next 2-3 years?
- Is my career on a development path to take me where I want to go?
- Am I growing and developing new skill sets to make me more valuable and happy?
- Am I surrounded by a winning team?
- Am I provided the support and resources to be successful in my career?
- Can I leverage my experience in today’s market?
These questions are for you to make your own assessment of your development and career plan. Obviously if you are on path to your dreams, then don’t try to fix it. But, if you realize that you have been accepting status quo, then we would recommend you take ownership and begin the process of managing your career.
A great place to begin is to schedule a confidential call with one of our recruiting professionals. If you are in the Construction or Manufacturing industry, then we need to talk. Our clients have us recruiting highly charged individuals ready to leverage their experience to go to the next level.