These are interesting times and the rate of change is noteworthy. Here’s a look at some trends we’ve identified in the recruitment world:
- There are critical shortages of talent in every sector.
- We have never seen it more difficult to find qualified candidates to move / relocate especially to more rural communities.
- Salaries are rising at a rate not seen in many years… clients that are sticking to old salary ranges are losing out on outstanding talent.
- Clients with long hiring processes are losing out.
- Candidates are curious to see opportunities but very discerning.
- Candidates that are open to a job change have numerous options, companies are in competition for this talent.
- Clients that have plans for advancing the knowledge and skill sets of their employees are fairing better than others.
- Candidates are comparing benefits, especially the medical benefits and associated costs.
- Good recruiters have many choices on which assignments they work and which candidates have the skills, experience and motivation to make a change.